Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Cousin playing in the pool




So after cruisin' the strobist web site I was inspired to just play around with some off camera flash.  Luckily I had a live subject which for the sports minded like myself makes for a fun activity.  My cousin Kyle who is I believe 9 or 10 loves to swim in the pool and play basketball with me, so I felt it would be a fun thing to shoot.  First thing I did was gaffer my flash to the top of the backboard after I put it in a zip lock bag to protect it from water.  Then i sat right underneath the hoop and he did slam after slam.  I set the zoom on the flash to 80mm to really focus the light just on him and once I figured out the best area to sit, I just watched him time after time and had a great time together!

1 comment:

deannadent said...

This is a great example of how you can make something feature really neat and clean by using a flash :) Your lightning shot looked great by the way :)