Sunday, August 31, 2008

Welcome back football fans - its the fall semester WOOT



So here is another season of ASU football, and another potential year of greatness for 2nd year coach Dennis Erickson.  I was able to shoot this game being an assistant to Jason Wise.  Hopefully the coming weekends I will also be at Sun Devil Stadium as a Intern photographer for the Arizona Republic.  I have yet to start that adventure but it is soon to come.  All last year I shot mainly the action side of the football game, being a assistant or second shooter, I kind of split the bunch and tried to go for more feature stuff.  So I tried my hand at that and was more or less impressed with what I got.  So here is a link to my favorites of the bunch.  Hope you enjoy

2 comments:

Wisedrgn said...

Dude Jeff

its Otto, not the trumpet playing douche... drumline Otto

i had no idea how into this photography thing you were.. seriously great shots.. and the ability to capture some good moments.. i took the liberty and viewed all of the past few... very good work.. and great way for educating yourself as you educate and inspire us to become photographers

Your photographs of the football players are superb.. some look decent enough that you could send them off to SI or something.. but the photos that stay with us and show us the proud moments of a school are in the stands.

One photo in particular i saw was photo number twelve in this set.. all the kids with their keys in the air. would be hundred times more powerful if you got more clear face shots. i only see one or two faces, the rest obscured by arms... either stay with the faces or stay with the keys.

Yeah i think i rambled too much there. But im just trying to share my insight as a cinematographer and my experience...

hey man i will see ya around. Keep up the good work.. and you are now on my RSS feed.. so if you do something i will know about it...

see ya

Amanda Walsh said...

those are amazing, I love the last one, he looks SO happy.