Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rompin' in the destert in search of the allusive meteor shower









My initial idea for this rare opportunity was on a clear stary night go out to Table Mesa Road North of Phoenix and point my camera at the North Star and get the rotational affect on an Hour + exposure with lines going through it due to the shooting stars.  But clouds and the moon had other ideas for me.  We went offroading on the trail in a jeep and got about 2 or 3 miles off the main road up there....Where we stopped there was the river that feeds into lake Pleasant.  We walked over that found some cacti that was going to make for a good foreground.  So as we waited for the clouds to go away I decided to see what I can do with the moon and this is what I got.

1 comment:

deannadent said...

I like the eeriness of the photo, probably the first one the most. I cant wait to see what you can do with the timer :)